Vacant / Unoccupied Property Insurance
If you own a residential (or commercial) property that is or will be vacant for more than 30 consecutive days, you must arrange specialist unoccupied property insurance to properly cover yourself and the property for all eventualities.
Here at A&T Property, our specialist property advisers deal exclusively in the property sector. They work with a large number of property owners and landlords whose property portfolios all differ in terms of size, type and location.
We appreciate that there are times when a property will be vacant for many reasons - undergoing renovation or refurbishment, awaiting probate, sale or occupation, or left empty while the owner is at working or holidaying abroad, in hospital or taken into care.
As a leading independent broker – not tied to any one insurer – we have access to a range of unoccupied property insurance products that can be tailored to suit your specific requirements, which means you only pay for cover that's relevant. We provide a free no obligation review and quote to see if we can better your current deal.
Unoccupied property insurance is of vital importance as empty properties are at higher risk of squatters, vandalism and fire. Our dedicated team will work with you to gain a clear understanding of your needs and design an insurance package that gives you complete protection and peace of mind.
In addition to buildings insurance to cover the structure of the property, we can also ensure that your liability as a property owner is included so our policy automatically includes property owner’s liability cover up to £10 million. We also include cover for landlord’s contents in common parts of the building as part of the policy, as well as employer’s liability cover.
Our vacant property insurance has been designed with a number of helpful features to benefit landlords and property owners, so please contact us for your free quotation and further details.
Benefits of our Unoccupied Property Insurance include:
- Bespoke levels of buildings and contents cover
- Property owners' liability cover up to £10 million
- Employer’s liability cover up to £10 million
- £10,000 landlords contents cover
- Low policy excess of £250 and policy excess protection
- Optional 3, 6, 9 or 12 months’ cover
- Optional covers available including unoccupied property and loss of rental income
- Dedicated loss recovery professional to deal with any significant claims on your behalf
- Legal Expenses - covers solicitors' fees and expenses, cost of barristers and witnesses, court costs and opponents' costs if awarded against you
For an informal discussion and a free quotation for your unoccupied property insurance, please call us on 01202 754900 or complete the quote request form on this page and we will contact you.
- Free no obligation review and quotation
- Dedicated property insurance advisers to guide you through the process
- Competitive premiums from leading UK property insurance providers
- Insurance cover tailored to your specific requirements
- In-house claims team to manage any claim for you
- Payment of premium by monthly instalment available (subject to status)
- Free access to online risk management services
- Top 100 UK independent broker* with Chartered Insurance Broker status
* Top 100 Independent Brokers 2014 published by Insurance Age in association with Cornell Consulting