Unoccupied Property Insurance
The latest information from government estimates that there are approximately 635,000 properties in the UK that are currently unoccupied, with over 200,000 of these having been empty for over six months.
With so many properties left empty, the issue of insuring them can prove to be challenging as most standard home insurance policies will only offer cover up to 30 consecutive days.
It has become increasingly difficult to insure unoccupied properties as there is usually an increased level of risk involved; empty properties are more vulnerable to theft, vandalism, squatters and even water damage. The good news is that our property insurance team can help - we are specialists in providing high quality unoccupied property insurance with competitive premiums.
If you own a residential or commercial property that is currently vacant for an extended period of more than 30 consecutive days, it is vital that you arrange specialist unoccupied property insurance to guarantee you are suitable protected against all eventualities.
From vandalism to a burst water pipe, we can create an insurance policy that perfectly meets your needs. With policies available for just 3 months, we can help you protect your property even if it's just for the short term. Our team understands that properties can become vacant for a number of reasons and giving you peace of mind is the most important factor in any policy we arrange.
Every one of our customers will benefit from expert guidance from a member of the Alan & Thomas Insurance team, tailoring your unoccupied property insurance to meet your exact needs at an affordable price.
Our unoccupied property insurance has been designed with a number of helpful features to benefit both landlords and property owners, so please contact us for your free quotation and further details.
Our Unoccupied Property Insurance contains benefits that include:
- Bespoke levels of cover to suit any type of property
- Property owners' liability cover up to £10 million
- Employer’s liability cover up to £10 million
- £10,000 landlords contents cover
- Low policy excess and policy excess protection
- Optional 3, 6, 9 or 12 months cover
- Dedicated loss recovery professional to deal with any significant claims on your behalf
For an informal discussion and a free quotation for your unoccupied property insurance, please call us on 01202 754900 or complete the quote request form on this page and we will contact you.
- Free no obligation review and quotation
- Dedicated property insurance advisers to guide you through the process
- Competitive premiums from leading UK property insurance providers
- Insurance cover tailored to your specific requirements
- In-house claims team to manage any claim for you
- Payment of premium by monthly instalment available
- Free access to online risk management services
- Top 100 UK independent broker* with Chartered Insurance Broker status
* Top 100 Independent Brokers 2016 published by Insurance Age in association with Cornell Consulting